Enter to win a special gift basket chock-full of No Kid Hungry treats!
Here's how to get started.
During the month of January, post a picture of your favorite healthy meal on Pinterest, making sure it costs about $10 total for a family of four and tagging #WalmartGiving and #NoKidHungry. Be sure to include a list of ingredients, the total cost of the meal, and a description of your recipes. In early February, prizes will be awarded for the following categories: Most Family Friendly, Most Creative and Best Presentation!
- "Healthy” means the meal should include foods from at least three food groups, and be low in added sugar, salt and fat.
- Meals must be posted between January 6 - 31.
- Only meals posted on Pinterest are eligible.
- Only meals tagged with #WalmartGiving and #NoKidHungry are eligible.
- Winners will be announced in early February at CookingMatters.org
I am entering my Dutch Oven Verde Pork Stew with Corn Sticks.
brand, I use Las Palmas Green Chile Enchilada Sauce. Add 2 full cans of water and stir gently to mix. You can cook on your stove or even you crock-pot but, I prefer to place in the oven at 350 degrees for 90 minutes. Because I will be using my oven for the Corn Sticks, the oven is hot and ready. And my mom and my grandmother slow roasted their stews this way.
Who does not love Jiffy Corn Bread mix for a quick little bread? One little box yields 7 sweet little sticks you can of course use muffin tins or an 8x8 square pan. I always add a pinch or two of sugar to the mix. When I cook cornbread etc. from scratch I like it Sweet.